I rarely carry a purse. When I go out I’m generally either going to school, which requires a whole big bag, or I’m with Brett, in which case I depend on him to have keys and money. The few times that neither of those apply I grab one of my purses (lately it’s the turtle one) and throw in my wallet, sunglasses, and if I remember, my phone, and go. Every single bag I own has chapstick in it because I got tired of remembering to move that from one bag to the next and I hate being without it (even have a stick in my scripture tote).
But there’s a meme asking you to show what’s in your purse (check out Laylabean and Book Guardian). Since when I go out it’s basically all or nothing, here’s the all. I use the messenger bag I sewed last year for my school bag and it has all kinds of pockets on purpose.
In this picture you can find:
- book (I do most of my personal reading on the bus, and this is the bag I take on the bus)
- Book of Mormon
- pencil bag with dry erase markers, stapler, laser pointer, remote clicker
- post-it pad
- name badge
- handkerchief (I rarely am without one of these)
- three USB drives (almost 11 gig total in my bag, I used to carry a USB cord as well)
- toothbrush and toothpaste
- hand sanitizer
- two things of lotion
- fortune cookie fortune – Soon, you will receive pleasant news
- thank you cards from students (I need to remember to leave these in my office with the others)
- work keys with another USB drive
- house keys
- ear buds (that I tie to my water bottle inside my bag and put in my ears when I’m riding the bus so people don’t talk to me)
- binder clips
- pens, pencil, eraser – those black erasers are the BEST erasers
- bus pass
- membership cards
- business cards (mine and others)
- tylenol and ibuprofen
- water bottle
I tend to hoard spoons in there too that I take for my yogurt at lunch. Looks like I’ve got them all out for now.
What’s in your bag?