Using the internet to fulfill the mission of the Church.
Helping in The Vineyard.
- A website that provides access to volunteer service opportunities of the Church.
Perfect the Saints
- Gospel Study and Lesson Preparation
- Study the scriptures online
- General Conference – Read past sessions and watch the new sessions.
- Magazines – Ensign, New Era, Friend, Liahona
- Manuals – Priesthood, Relief Society, Sunday School, Primary, Young Women, Young Men
- Music – Hymn book, Primary song book
- Church Service and Misc.
- Handbook of Instruction as well as sections for each organization in the Church with references when you are called to serve in that organization.
- Information for youth.
- Personal Progress and Duty to God online – Not just for 12-18 year-olds any more.
- Mormon channel – an online radio station for the Church
Proclaim the Gospel
- Sharing the gospel with Mormon.org profiles
- “I’m a Mormon” Campaign in certain cities are running ads such as these:
- Elder Ballard had an article in the July Ensign in 2008 about sharing the gospel using the internet (M. Russell Ballard, “Sharing the Gospel Using the Internet,” Ensign, Jul 2008, 58-63).
- All of you know that members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are reminded and encouraged continually to share the gospel with others. The Church is always looking for the most effective ways to declare its message. … Now, may I ask that you join the conversation by participating on the Internet to share the gospel and to explain in simple and clear terms the message of the Restoration.
- Share news about the Church – Newsroom.
- Mormon Messages on YouTube
Redeem the Dead
- Personal family history and temple name submission
- Church indexing – This is done from home on your own computer. You go through old records and help digitize the names and dates that have been hand written. It requires an LDS.org login account.
Take Care of the Needy
- Provident Living – Self-reliance and Welfare resources
- Humanitarian Services
WWW Home | Church | Internet Safety | Communication | Family | Skills & Hobbies