Using the internet to learn and share skills and hobbies.
You can use the internet to learn new skills and hobbies and share them with others.
Google is a great way to find patterns and helpful videos.
Pinterest is a website that allows you to pin ideas to virtual bulletin boards and keep track of things you would like to do in the future. When pinning ideas to Pinterest, make sure you are getting the original source of the idea. If pinning from a blog, pin from the specific post and not from the whole blog.
Sewing & Quilting
- Sharing & Forums
- Blogs for how-to’s and inspiration
- My collection of quilting and sewing blogs – Quilting Blogs
- Sewing With Nancy
- Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting
- You can subscribe to different blogs using RSS Feed and be updated automatically when they post new information.
- Free patterns
- Knitting videos
- Sharing projects
- Cooking Skills
- Various book blogs (I have my own – Miss Giggles’ Book Log) and Good Reads are ways to keep track of the books you read, see what friends are reading, and get reviews for books.
- Tips & Tricks
- Kodak tips and project exchange
- Google “photography tips and techniques“
- MapMyRun and other sites allow you to track your daily exercise and share it with just yourself, friends, or everyone (know your privacy settings!).
- Runner’s World has forums and articles where you can connect with other runners and find answers to exercise questions.
There are blogs and sites for every hobby imaginable. What are you interested?
WWW Home | Church | Internet Safety | Communication | Family | Skills & Hobbies