When we found out Izri was coming I made a to-do list of things that needed to, or at least should, get finished before he was finished. He was born in June. I managed to cross the last thing off the list before he was 3 months old, so that’s pretty good for me. And the last thing wasn’t even his quilt.
The last item on the list was making the tops of our cabinets smooth and flat so that it was easier to store the larger kitchen items. We also were under the impression that it was unfinished wood up there and wanted something with a finish to it so we could clean it easier.
This was our before.
I got some flooring from some people who were replacing their floors and cut it to fit. When I got up on the counters to start clearing out on top of the cabinets I discovered that it actually is finished up there, but nobody has bothered to clean it since the house was built. A lot of elbow grease (to get rid of the grease) later it looked real nice up there.
But it still wasn’t flat and that’s really what made storing things hard. So I put up the boards and this is our after.
It’s so much easier to get our appliances up and down now. Thanks Izri for giving us the motivation to finally get it done.